Radio Mambo 91.7FM is a privately owned radio station, owned by Kool Communication Limited. The station was established in July 2006, and is located in Webuye town. The station uses the National language (Kiswahili) and local dialects to reach all audiences in Western Kenya, North-Riftand parts of Nyanza, from the transmitter based on Chetambe Hills in Webuye. We transmit on frequency: 91.7 F.M. Thus Radio Mambo 91.7 FM is the flagship of the firm.
Vision Statement: To Be the Leading Media House in Western Kenya.
Mission Statement: To promote the highest quality programming with great advertiser support strategy-based upon total, no compromise customer satisfaction. Radio mambo 91.7 FM is continually offering complete packages of up to date value added solutions to meet the customers’ needs. Radio Mambo values above all our long term customer relations.
Our Coverage: We are well received in the following towns and centers: Webuye, Mt. Elgon, Vihiga, Siaya, Maseno, Lugari, Kakamega, Luanda, Bungoma, Busia, Amagoro, Kitale, Malaba, Teso, Nambale, Eldoret, Parts of Tororo-Uganda, Mumias, Malava and Kaimosi, Endebess-Kitale Kimilili andNandi
LISTENERSHIP DEMOGRAPHICS/ TARGET AUDIENCE
- We have established a formidable listenership base in Western Province. Our main target audience is males and females living and working in Western Kenya, North-rift and parts of Nyanza. Radio Mambo listeners span from farmers, students in colleges and universities, professionals, small and medium scaleentrepreneurs.
- We have designed our programming to cater for all levels of education ranging from literate, semi-literate and school-going persons.
The graphs below extracted from Kenya Audience Research Foundation (KARF) Report describe our listenership by age and reach in Western Region:
WHY USE RADIO MAMBO 91.7FM
- Radio Mambo 91.7FM located in Webuye, Bungoma County targets mainly listeners in larger Western Kenya and since Radio Mambo’s majority of its target audience is in Bungoma and Mt. Elgon, it will be the best station to use.
- Radio listeners identify and connect with radio stations that use their first languages and provide content that addresses their needs. Radio Mambo broadcasts in local languages (Bukusu, Tachoni, Iteso and Sabaot) that are understood by a majority of the target population in the county and we package this content in a manner that connects with our listeners.
- The interactive nature of presentation that allows call-ins will enable listeners to ask questions and seek clarifications on subject discussed including the 5 minute infomercials.
- Radio Mambo 91.7 FM has established a formidable listenership base in Western Province.
- Our programming has proved to be the best with much consideration of our product consumer needs.
- The Radio Mambo listeners span from farmers, students, professionals, Small scale, and medium & established business people from Western Kenya.
- Radio Mambo 91.7FM has designed its programming to cater for all levels of education ranging from literate, illiterate, semi-literate and school-going persons in Western region.
- Majority of Radio Mambo presenters were born and live in the region and understands its residents, cultural diversity, political landscape and languages; therefore they’re in a better position to communicate and articulate issues to full understanding of the audience.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Radio Mambo is boastful of quality programming containing: News bulletins, Music, Salaams, Business, Finance and Investment, Agribusiness, Socio-cultural, Environment, Health, Sports, Spiritual, Politics and Civic Education.
- We have over 7 years of quality, unbiased and professional broadcasting services in Western Kenya. Radio Mambo also boasts of having qualified professional personnel who ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Our content has attracted many advertisers that have enabled us to sustain the operations of the station. Some of the clients that we have worked with include: Kenya Seed Company Limited, Equity Bank, Faulu Bank, IEBC, Aphiaplus Western Kenya, Ketepa Limited, Population Services International (PSI), Mumias Sugar Company, Nzoia Sugar Company, Bungoma County Government, Kakamega County Government, Superfoam Mattresses, Roto Moulders Limited, Bank of Africa, Post Bank, Post Kenya Bet boss betting company and many other clients.
- During our tenure we have been able to develop solid production content that is flexible enough in tandem with the audience survey that we continuously carry out in line with the demand by our target audience.
- Radio Mambo 91.7fm has a modern Production and Live Studio and well equipped with up to date equipment and Sound Editing facilities. With this knowledge, experience and equipment we are capable of providing you with programme production of uncompromised quality.
- We have unique, creative and professional personnel handling content research and production of broadcast programmes.